Post Weight Loss Surgeries in Houston, TX
Throughout Houston, our patients who have achieved significant weight loss have unique needs that Dr. Patronella addresses with body contouring. Typically, a person who has lost a dramatic amount of weight will have excess skin and deposits of unwanted fat throughout their body. This unwanted tissue often obscures the new, attractive body contours patients have achieved through weight loss. With body contouring after weight loss, Dr. Patronella will improve your proportions to reveal a shapelier, more toned and fit physique.
Combined Body Contouring Procedures Houston Texas
You may have a number of problem areas following massive weight loss, all of which can be addressed for the best results. You can choose to combine procedures to achieve the overall aesthetic you desire. Undergoing procedures in tandem can save you time and money. Procedures that are often associated with body contouring after weight loss include:
Body Contouring Procedures
Post-Weight Loss Procedures
- Tummy tuck surgery addresses laxity in the abdominal area, restoring a firmer, toned abdominal contour.
- Houston Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patronella’s widely acclaimed True Form Tummy Tuck® gives the abdomen a smoother, svelte look via 10 key elements he incorporates into the procedure. This includes navel contouring and muscle tightening, if needed, while maintaining the smooth transitions of the abdominal area.
- Read more about Dr. Patronella’s guidelines for tummy tuck surgery in overweight and large weight loss patients here.
Lower Body Lift
- The lower body lift targets the hips, buttocks, and thighs to improve the appearance of muffin tops and sagging flanks.
- With the lower body lift, we can enhance the curves at the waist and improve the shape of drooping buttocks.
- Addressing these three areas simultaneously ensures a smoother, more natural transition.
- Thigh lift surgery treats unwanted saddlebags and/or uncomfortable inner thigh chafing due to excess skin accumulation.
- We can perform an outer thigh lift, inner thigh lift, or a combination of the two, treating your exact thigh issues.
- With a thigh lift, we can slim and firm the appearance of your legs, enhancing the overall contour of your lower body.
- The arm lift targets excess skin along the arms from the elbow up to the armpit for a more slender, firm appearance.
- This procedure improves the overall shape of your arms, creating a more toned physique.
Dr. Patronella restores a firmer appearance to sagging breasts and positions them higher on the chest. For patients who desire to improve the shape and fullness of the breasts, Dr. Patronella frequently combines a breast lift with breast augmentation using the renowned combined breast augmentation and breast lift procedure he developed.
Is Financing Available?
Dr. Patronella believes that every woman should be able to afford to have the body she desires, so he offers financing options to his patients. You may discuss your financing options during your initial consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t need all of the procedures offered with post-weight loss body contouring?
Every body contouring surgery is tailored to the patient. With Dr. Patronella’s expert advice, you will decide which procedures will help you achieve the results you desire.
How long will my recovery take?
Your recovery period will vary depending on the number of procedures undergone and the extent of correction performed. Generally, recovery lasts between four and six weeks. During the first week, you will experience some discomfort, bruising, and swelling. Dr. Patronella’s Recovery Guide has detailed helpful instructions for your recovery from body contouring surgery.
What type of anesthesia will be used during my procedure?
Most patients will have their body lift performed while they are under general anesthesia. This ensures patient safety and comfort. However, patients receiving minor corrections may be able to have their procedures performed under local anesthesia.
Can you treat stubborn areas of fat following weight loss?
Many weight loss patients still have areas of localized fat that diet and exercise have not improved to the extent they desire. We can combine liposuction with other body contouring procedures to enhance the contours and proportions of your body.