Generation X says “Yes” to Plastic Surgery – “Why Wait?”
Posted December 14, 2015 in Body Contouring, Body Lift, BOTOX® Cosmetic, Brazilian Butt Lift, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Brow Lift, CoolSculpting®, Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty), Facelift, Facial Rejuvenation, Fat Grafting, Implant Revision, Injectables, Laser, Liposuction, Male Plastic Surgery, Peels, Plastic Surgery News, Skin Care, Uncategorized
By Sherri Roberts
“I wish I had done this sooner,” is one of the most frequent comments our plastic surgery patients express in postoperative visits. It’s a realization that hits them hard once they experience the life-changing aesthetic and psychological benefits that typically accompany the improvement of a once confidence-hindering appearance concern.
Apparently, Generation Xers ages 35 to 50 are taking this “Why wait; life is short” attitude to heart, as they now comprise the largest group having cosmetic surgery and nonsurgical procedures. In 2014, they had 40 percent of these procedures, with more than 4.2 million performed, according to a statistics from The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Their top six procedures:
- Tummy Tuck: This dramatic makeover of the abdomen results in a sleek, toned tummy through the removal of loose skin and tightening of the underlying muscle wall that’s typically stretched out by pregnancy and weight gain.
- Breast Lift: Sagging breasts are rejuvenated with a youthful, perkier look and position on the chest.
- Liposuction: Excess fat is strategically removed to improve the body’s proportions and contours.
- Breast Reduction: Overly large breasts are lightened, alleviating the physical discomfort that heavy breasts often create such as back pain; and they are resculpted into a shape that is more proportionate to the body.
- Breast Augmentation: Through silicone or saline implants, the breasts are given greater volume. Dr. Patronella incorporates additional advanced techniques to improve the breasts’ overall contour for a natural look that blends seamlessly with the body.
- Eyelid Surgery: A refreshed, more youthful look is restored to drooping lids and heavy-looking undereye bags.
Whether you are looking for dramatic improvement or more subtle tweaking of an aesthetic concern, Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Patronella offers numerous surgical and nonsurgical treatments for the face, breasts, and body. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and speak to one of our friendly, knowledgeable patient education consultants.