Get Natural-Looking Tummy Tuck Results With a True Form Tummy Tuck®
Tummy tuck surgery is the third most popular surgery of all plastic surgeries, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. However, not all tummy tucks are the same. In fact, many traditional approaches to tummy tuck surgery produce unnaturally flat surgical results that are displeasing to the patient. Through years of experience helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals, Dr. Chris Patronella has artfully and skillfully designed the True Form Tummy Tuck® (True Form Abdominoplasty®) to produce the most attractive and natural-looking tummy tuck results.
How Traditional Tummy Tuck Surgery Falls Short
The traditional tummy tuck procedure follows a rather formulaic approach:
- Incisions are placed, including a horizontal incision in the lower abdomen between the hips and often a second incision around the navel.
- The skin is lifted, and the weakened abdominal muscles are tightened.
- The skin of the upper abdomen is pulled down, and excess skin is trimmed.
- The remaining skin is sutured in place, and the navel is relocated.
The result is a firmer, flatter, and more proportionate abdominal contour. However, it can come at a cost. Often, tummy tuck results point to obvious surgery because the stomach is so flat that it lacks the subtle contours and definition present in a naturally flat abdomen.
True Form Abdominoplasty®: A Cut Above the Rest
With his True Form Abdominoplasty® approach, Dr. Patronella delivers results that far surpass what standard abdominoplasty methods typically produce. The focus with this procedure shifts away from merely tightening or pulling the stomach tissues flat and changes to recreating a naturally defined and smooth abdomen. In this procedure, Dr. Patronella creates the following results:
- Abdominal contouring: natural-looking abdominal contours and muscle definition (a toned look that is not uniformly flat)
- Waist contouring: a tapered waistline that appears defined and elegant
- Smooth transitions: avoidance of obvious surgical shaping with a natural transition at the incision line (no “step off”)
- Consistent skin firmness above and below the navel: careful advancement of the tissues from the lower ribcage down to the pubic line so that the skin is equally firm and taut in the lower and upper abdomen
- Navel contouring: a natural-looking navel with a deep inward contour created by internal sutures
- Strategic incision placement: low on the bikini line so that it can be easily concealed by clothing
- Muscle tightening: improved abdominal definition with internal sutures to bring the muscles of the abdominal wall together
Using natural artistry blended with scientific knowledge, Dr. Patronella incorporates additional techniques such as liposuction and internal suturing with the True Form Tummy Tuck® method to highlight natural contours and recreate a youthfully toned abdomen and slender waistline.
A Tailored Experience
Knowing that patients may desire tummy tuck surgery for various personal reasons, Dr. Patronella devised the True Form Tummy Tuck® to be adapted for individual needs. Here are some examples:
Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
Following pregnancy, many women have sagging abdominal skin, weakened abdominal muscles, and a bulging tummy pooch that can only be treated with surgery. The True Form Tummy Tuck® focuses on the areas in need of correction and can restore a youthful abdominal contour reminiscent of your pre-pregnancy body.
Tummy Tuck After Moderate Weight Loss
Moderate weight loss typically does not produce the muscle laxity associated with pregnancy, but it commonly leads to sagging skin both above and below the navel. This can create unsightly bulges and lines along with a loss of skin tone in the hips, buttocks, and outer thighs. Dr. Patronella can use the True Form Tummy Tuck® to correct tissue laxity and restore natural-looking contours with attractive definition.
Tummy Tuck After Major Weight Loss
After a loss of 50 pounds or more, patients are often left with prominent stretch marks and folds of hanging skin encircling the torso. This skin can cause irritation and pigmentation and requires comprehensive surgical treatment to restore a smoother skin tone and more ideal proportions. The True Form Tummy Tuck® can be combined with a body lift and other procedures to accomplish the task of producing a lean and smooth silhouette.
The True Form Tummy Tuck® can help you achieve a flat and firm abdomen that looks attractive and natural. To learn more about this revolutionary technique, contact us to request a personal consultation with Dr. Chris Patronella. Please call (713) 799-9999 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today.