Get Natural-Looking Tummy Tuck Results With a True Form Tummy Tuck®
Tummy tuck surgery is the third most popular surgery of all plastic surgeries, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. However, not all tummy tucks are the same. In fact, many traditional approaches to tummy tuck surgery produce unnaturally flat surgical results that are displeasing to the patient. Through years of experience helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals, Dr. Chris Patronella has artfully and skillfully designed the True Form Tummy Tuck® (True Form Abdominoplasty®) to produce the most attractive and natural-looking tummy tuck results.
How Traditional Tummy Tuck Surgery Falls Short
The traditional tummy tuck procedure follows a rather formulaic approach:
- Incisions are placed, including a horizontal incision in the lower abdomen between the hips and often a second incision around the navel.
- The skin is lifted, and the weakened abdominal muscles are tightened.
- The skin of the upper abdomen is pulled down, and excess skin is trimmed.
- The remaining skin is sutured in place, and the navel is relocated.
The result is a firmer, flatter, and more proportionate abdominal contour. However, it can come at a cost. Often, tummy tuck results point to obvious surgery because the stomach is so flat that it lacks the subtle contours and definition present in a naturally flat abdomen.
True Form Abdominoplasty®: A Cut Above the Rest
With his True Form Abdominoplasty® approach, Dr. Patronella delivers results that far surpass what standard abdominoplasty methods typically produce. The focus with this procedure shifts away from merely tightening or pulling the stomach tissues flat and changes to recreating a naturally defined and smooth abdomen. In this procedure, Dr. Patronella creates the following results:
- Abdominal contouring: natural-looking abdominal contours and muscle definition (a toned look that is not uniformly flat)
- Waist contouring: a tapered waistline that appears defined and elegant
- Smooth transitions: avoidance of obvious surgical shaping with a natural transition at the incision line (no “step off”)
- Consistent skin firmness above and below the navel: careful advancement of the tissues from the lower ribcage down to the pubic line so that the skin is equally firm and taut in the lower and upper abdomen
- Navel contouring: a natural-looking navel with a deep inward contour created by internal sutures
- Strategic incision placement: low on the bikini line so that it can be easily concealed by clothing
- Muscle tightening: improved abdominal definition with internal sutures to bring the muscles of the abdominal wall together
Using natural artistry blended with scientific knowledge, Dr. Patronella incorporates additional techniques such as liposuction and internal suturing with the True Form Tummy Tuck® method to highlight natural contours and recreate a youthfully toned abdomen and slender waistline.
A Tailored Experience
Knowing that patients may desire tummy tuck surgery for various personal reasons, Dr. Patronella devised the True Form Tummy Tuck® to be adapted for individual needs. Here are some examples:
Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
Following pregnancy, many women have sagging abdominal skin, weakened abdominal muscles, and a bulging tummy pooch that can only be treated with surgery. The True Form Tummy Tuck® focuses on the areas in need of correction and can restore a youthful abdominal contour reminiscent of your pre-pregnancy body.
Tummy Tuck After Moderate Weight Loss
Moderate weight loss typically does not produce the muscle laxity associated with pregnancy, but it commonly leads to sagging skin both above and below the navel. This can create unsightly bulges and lines along with a loss of skin tone in the hips, buttocks, and outer thighs. Dr. Patronella can use the True Form Tummy Tuck® to correct tissue laxity and restore natural-looking contours with attractive definition.
Tummy Tuck After Major Weight Loss
After a loss of 50 pounds or more, patients are often left with prominent stretch marks and folds of hanging skin encircling the torso. This skin can cause irritation and pigmentation and requires comprehensive surgical treatment to restore a smoother skin tone and more ideal proportions. The True Form Tummy Tuck® can be combined with a body lift and other procedures to accomplish the task of producing a lean and smooth silhouette.
The True Form Tummy Tuck® can help you achieve a flat and firm abdomen that looks attractive and natural. To learn more about this revolutionary technique, contact us to request a personal consultation with Dr. Chris Patronella. Please call (713) 799-9999 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today.
When Is the Best Time to Get a Tummy Tuck?
Planning your tummy tuck surgery can be a thrilling experience! If you’ve been dealing with frustration and dissatisfaction with your abdomen for a long time, we understand the combination of excitement, relief, and apprehension you may feel about undergoing tummy tuck surgery. Below are some of the considerations that can help you evaluate the best time to move forward with this.
The Procedure and Recovery
Recovery time is typically about 10 to 14 days. Having someone to help take care of your children, run errands, and assist in day-to-day activities is very beneficial to the healing process. It is also important to take into consideration any holidays, weddings, or family functions so you can participate. Dr. Patronella has written a helpful Recovery Guide that will lead you step by step through the initial weeks following surgery so you understand what to expect. This includes tips from his patients as well as specific instructions about exercising, meals and snacks, and his scar healing product kit.
Your Current Weight
One of the greatest aesthetic benefits of tummy tuck surgery that our patients notice is the improvement in their bodies’ contours and proportions, particularly when Dr. Patronella performs liposuction in conjunction with the True Form Tummy Tuck. Tummy tuck surgery will transform the appearance and tightness of your abdomen. And although Dr. Patronella removes excess fat deposits and skin, the procedure isn’t a weight loss alternative. Because of this, it is recommended that you be at or near your ideal weight and have kept that weight stable for a couple of months. This will allow you to more fully see the aesthetic benefits of The True Form Tummy Tuck.
Women often choose to undergo tummy tuck surgery after pregnancy and childbirth have left lasting changes to their physiques. Pregnancy can wreak havoc on your abdomen: skin and abdominal muscles stretch quickly, and fat deposits pop up in new and unusual places. For that reason, it is wise to hold off on your procedure if you are planning on having any more children as additional pregnancies could undo any results gained through your tummy tuck.
Your Consultation With Dr. Patronella
In your consultation with Dr. Patronella, he will discuss your aesthetic goals as well as your questions and concerns in order to make his recommendations to you. We want you to be educated and informed so you can make the best choice for you.
The Ideal True Form Tummy Tuck™ Candidate
Why the True Form Tummy Tuck® Produces the Best Results
In an ideal world, tummy tuck results would always look natural. Friends and strangers would not easily recognize that you underwent surgery; instead, they would look at you and want to know your secret to a flat and firm abdomen. Unfortunately, this ideal world is a dream for many tummy tuck patients, as most tummy tuck results are unnaturally flat. To turn dreams into reality, Dr. Patronella devised the True Form Tummy Tuck®: a tummy tuck procedure that always produces results that are natural looking, with authentic contours and subtle definition.
Common Problems With Tummy Tuck Surgery Results
A tummy tuck, also called abdominoplasty, surgically flattens the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the muscles of the stomach wall. Due to technical decisions that traditional tummy tuck surgeons make, the abdomen may look flat as a board after surgery, lacking natural definition and shape. Women who undergo abdominoplasty after pregnancy often complain that the waist does not look like it did before pregnancy. In many cases, the results look so incredibly “fake” that patients do not even feel comfortable baring their stomachs. When the tissues are pulled taut without factoring in the natural softness and subtle definition of an abdomen that does not need surgery, the results are often less than ideal.
Knowing that the results of tummy tuck surgery sometimes look “fake,” individuals respond in various ways. Some seek a tummy tuck alternative and attempt to achieve their goals with exercise, skin tightening, liposuction, or even lap band surgery. However, the results of these alternatives often fall short and cannot accomplish all that is possible with a tummy tuck. Other individuals choose to avoid surgery and live with their body the way it is, which can lead to a perpetually poor body image. Individuals who undergo tummy tuck surgery and are unhappy with their results may also choose to “accept their fate,” which can be equally troublesome because their goals are never satisfied.
Rather than settling for less, individuals can pursue and successfully achieve natural-looking tummy tuck results by undergoing the right procedure with the right surgeon. Dr. Patronella has spent many years studying and perfecting the True Form Tummy Tuck® so that he can provide the best tummy tuck experience. With this technique, Dr. Patronella has helped countless patients achieve remarkable results.
The True Form Tummy Tuck® Difference
If the question “which tummy tuck is right for me?” has ever crossed your mind, take a look at the True Form Tummy Tuck®. This technique, devised by Dr. Chris Patronella, focuses on redefining the natural, subtle abdominal contours present in individuals who have never needed abdominal contouring surgery. The True Form Tummy Tuck® ensures smooth and soft transitions throughout the abdomen, producing sculpted and natural-looking results rather than standard and flat results.
To accomplish this, the True Form Tummy Tuck® focuses on the following:
- Abdominal contouring: Traditional tummy tucks pull the tissues downward to flatten the tummy. The True Form Tummy Tuck® accents the various natural contours along the upper and lower abdomen, highlighting the natural midline contour and soft muscle definition to restore a smooth and natural-looking abdomen.
- Waist contouring: The traditional tummy tuck approach fails to fully address the waist and flanks, creating a flat abdominal profile but a “lumpy” frontal view of the midsection. Using contouring techniques such as liposuction, Dr. Patronella thins the waistline so that it gently tapers toward the hips in a longer and more graceful way.
- Smooth transitions: Traditional tummy tucks may pull and suture the lower abdomen in such a way that the incision line creates an obvious line or “step off.” With attentive, precise suturing, Dr. Patronella applies careful finesse to create a smooth and natural-appearing transition at the incision line between the lower abdomen and the pubic area.
- Consistent skin firmness above and below the navel: A traditional tummy tuck surgeon may fail to adequately address laxity in the upper abdomen, and this can contribute to inconsistent skin firmness above and below the navel. With the True Form Tummy Tuck®, the skin and tissues are advanced downward all the way from the lower ribcage to the pubic hairline to produce an equal distribution of tautness, fully eliminating laxity of the upper abdomen and reducing lower abdominal skin and fat.
- Navel contouring: A traditional tummy tuck may fail to define the navel or may give it an irregular shape or angle. Using internal suturing and reattaching the belly button to the underlying muscle, a naturally youthful navel with a deep inward contour is restored.
- Strategic incision placement: Many tummy tuck surgeons place the incision between the hip bones in the lower abdomen, which means that scarring cannot be hidden by some swimsuit and underwear options. With the True Form Tummy Tuck®, the lower abdominal incision is low on the bikini line for easy concealment of any scarring.
- Muscle tightening: Weakened abdominal muscles may not be sufficiently tightened with traditional tummy tuck techniques. Dr. Patronella uses internal sutures to bring the muscles together and repair the stomach wall for stronger definition.
The key to the best tummy tuck results comes down to how a tummy tuck is performed. Dr. Patronella has earned top honors for his innovative techniques in tummy tuck surgery with the development of the True Form Tummy Tuck®. With its focus on natural-looking results, this procedure adds youthful definition and contour to the abdomen. Patients who undergo the True Form Tummy Tuck® can achieve their ideal results and have their abdomens sculpted with subtle contour variations, natural features, a consistent skin tone, and sensual beauty and elegance.
The best tummy tuck surgeon for you will understand your needs and your desires for a natural look with a defined and firm abdomen. Dr. Patronella is one of the nation’s foremost specialists in body contouring procedures and has spent years refining the True Form Tummy Tuck® to be able to achieve optimum results for every patient. To request your personal consultation with Dr. Patronella, call 713-799-9999 or fill out his online contact form today.