Breast Lift & Breast Reduction
Breast Enhancement Procedures
The Art of Breast Surgery
Natural, Soft And Shapely Appearance
In a breast lift procedure (mastopexy), Dr. Patronella reshapes the breasts, giving them a beautifully new lifted and rejuvenated contour. Dr. Chris Patronella of Houston Texas offers breast reduction surgery to reshape breasts into a more balanced shape and size. Breast reduction surgery has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates of all plastic surgery procedures.
Weak, sagging breast tissue can develop for a number of reasons, the most common being the natural aging process, weight gain and loss, and excessive breast weight. Women may experience sagging of the breasts following pregnancy and weight loss, but it is also common in women with overly large, cumbersome breasts. The degree of your breast ptosis (sagging) is determined by the location of your lower breast tissue. Women who have a moderate to significant portion of their lower breast tissue hanging below the breast crease can benefit from a breast lift procedure. A breast lift may also be performed in conjunction with a breast reduction to restore more youthful, shapely, and better-proportioned breasts.
Benefits of Breast Lift & Breast Reduction
Firmer, perkier breasts
Improved breast shape
Better proportioned breasts
Pain relief from heavy breasts
More youthful breast appearance
Confidence in the look and feel of your breastsRequest A Consultation
Breast Lift & Breast Reduction Procedures
- The breast lift is designed to reposition sagging breast tissue and provide support to weakened tissue
- Incisions are created around the outer border of the areola, vertically down the breast tissue, and along the breast crease
- The breast tissue is lifted, shaped, and supported with internal sutures, and excess skin is removed
- If needed, areola reduction can correct the appearance of stretched areolas
- The areolas and nipples may be repositioned for a more natural breast appearance
- Your incisions are closed, and a specialty garment may be applied to improve the quality of your results
- Breast reduction surgery is performed to reduce the size of large, cumbersome breasts
- Provides relief from physical and emotional symptoms of heavy breasts, including back, shoulder, and neck pain, skin irritation, and embarrassment or unwanted attention
- An incision is created around the areola, vertically down the lower breast, and along the breast crease
- Excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin are removed to decrease the size of your breasts
- If needed, the areolas may be reduced in size for a more proportional breast appearance
- The areolas and nipples are repositioned for a more natural breast appearance
- Your incisions are closed, and a compression garment may be applied to improve the quality of your results
Combine Breast Lift and Breast Reduction
Dr. Patronella commonly combines the techniques of his breast lift and breast reduction procedures. Women with large, heavy breasts are likely to experience weakened breast tissue that may sag. By combining techniques into one seamless procedure, Dr. Patronella can achieve not only proportionally sized breasts but also firmer, more youthful and shapely breasts.
Is Financing Available?
Dr. Patronella believes that every woman should be able to afford to have the body she desires, so he offers financing options to his patients. You may discuss your financing options during your initial consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of anesthesia will be used during my surgery?
To ensure a safe and pain-free procedure, breast lift and breast reduction surgeries are performed with the patient under general anesthesia.
Where will my surgery be performed?
Dr. Patronella performs all breast surgeries assisted by his highly trained and skilled staff in his private surgical center that is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF).
What should I expect following my surgery?
You will experience bruising, swelling, and redness. You might experience postoperative pain that can be controlled using an oral medication. Breast reduction patients may be required to stay overnight in one of our private postoperative recovery suites so their recovery process can be closely monitored. Numbness of the breasts and loss of nipple sensation is common following surgery and should only be temporary.
How long will my recovery take?
Depending on the type and extent of surgery, most women can return to work after five days to two weeks. You may be able to resume your regular exercise routine after three to four weeks, but chest exercises and strenuous activities should only be resumed with Dr. Patronella’s permission.
What if I need help during my recovery?
Patient safety and satisfaction is Dr. Patronella’s number one priority. As a part of our exclusive health care program for Houston area residents, you will receive a private visit by a medical professional a day or two after your surgery. This person will monitor your recovery, help change dressings, and assist with your medication.
Is a breast lift and/or breast reduction permanent?
Both breast lift and breast reduction surgeries are designed to provide long-lasting aesthetic improvement, and many women see results that last years. However, surgery cannot prevent changes to the breasts that are the result of additional weight gain or loss, the natural aging process, or future pregnancies.